Knitting and Stitching Show 2012


Two weeks ago I went to the Knitting & Stitching show in Alexander Palace. It was my first time attending such an event and I had no idea what to espect. Past visits to 'Ally Pally' made me wonder how big the event would be, I also wondered how I could avoid spending too much money.

As I walked into the main entrance I was met by the display pictured below.

 
 
It's an exibition about those unfinished pices we have lying around, that for one reason or another we can't/wont abandon. I took a closer look when I was leaving and was interviewed inside the tent. I was asked what I thought about the exibition and about my own unfinished pieces.
 


This is what it looked like on the inside, on the walls were black and white images of unfinished pieces by various people. There were also speakers were you could hear the designers explaining the story behind their unfinished work.
It looked very nomadic as I walked in, their was fabric draped at the entrance so you could see it what was inside until you stepped in. Once inside, it was like being in another world, it was a lot quieter and it would be easy to forget that you were standing in the middle of Alexander Palace.


On the outside, there were collages of various unfinished pieces.







My favourite of these is the last one, because of the embroidered (I think) man and women.
Another favourite of mine was this embroidered man and woman
 
 
 
 
The main part of the show was split into three rooms, and there was a lot to see. One of the rooms had a section set up like a gallery. There were some really interesting peices.
 
These were designed by Sue Walton it was part of her Jabberwoky collection.
 






I can't remember who designed the pieces below, I think her name is Anne something. I was intrigued to discover that the first two pieces were made from bones.







Other things that caught my eye were...

The Knitted Village (check out the washing on the line and the window cleaner).






 
 
 
There were more pictures but they don't seem to be loading. I'll either post them later or put them up on facebook and post a link.



















Comments