Ijeoma Update: Coming Along

Ruana progress by Mrs U Makes

In my last Ijeoma update, I mentioned that I had 14-32 rows left in order to reach the middle of the motif. Fourteen plus rows later I am now at that point, and I'm extremely happy. At the moment it looks like the finished piece will be longer than I thought, but that's not a problem. I'm more than halfway through the third ball of yarn and on track with the total amount of yarn that I calculated I would need.

Once the back is done I'll have to decided what I want the front to look like. I have a couple of ideas but won't commit to anything until I get to that point.

Over the last few days I've also worked on the chart for the the back, using Excel. I looked into charting software and online apps but the software was too expensive and the apps didn't provide me with what I needed. Excel is a little fiddly to start with but once you get into a groove it's quiet easy.

My target for the rest of the week is to finish the motif, this will be the last week before the trips start school so they'll be a lot of back to school errands to run.

I really can't wait until this is finished, I'm even considering making another one to sell as a finished piece. Lets see how things go.

Comments