Monday, 29 June 2015

Cowl Cardi

For the past few months I have been working on a new crochet project as part of the 'All In One' line. I'd been making great progress, and up until Saturday, was 75% of the way through. It was then that I realised that the cowl portion of the cardi was not working. It was too stiff and so wouldn't sit properly, this is how I want it to look.

Cowl Cardi 



Cowl Cardi side   Cowl Cardi back 

The piece shown is the Adjustable Poncho by Bejere de France, I didn't like the way it looked so played around with the buttons and came up with this.

The cardi I'm currently working on is being made using Alpaca DK by Stylecraft, As I was dissatisfied with the cowl I (reluctantly) ripped it back and immediately jumped onto Pinterest to look for an alternative pattern.

It wasn't long before I came across a diamond pattern that I had used before, This has now been incorporated into a portion of the original stitches used in the cowl. I've done almost 50% of the cowl, beginning to work the colour changes.

cowl cardi back progress   cowl cardi cowl progress

Once it's done I'll add buttons to the back and seam the arms, then it's off to the next crocheted piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.