Getting Myself Organised

If you've been following my blog for some time  (I'm sure most of you reading this haven't), you'll know that of late, most of my post have been links to podcast episodes and before that they were mainly recipes and pattern release announcements.

Well I've been doing some thinking and I've decided that if I really want my business to go somewhere I need to properly focus on what I'm putting out. Simply telling people that there is a new pattern or podcast episode isn't enough, I need to engage more.

I came across a Facebook post from Lori of L Knits, who offers E-books, with information on how to grow your design business. After reading through one E-book, I decided it was time to make some changes.

The first change was to the blog, I've completely redesigned it, taking out everything that wasn't relevant to what Mrs U Makes is about, which is 'making'. I want people to come here and find a site that looks polished and professional and tells the reader what they can expect to find.

Slowly but surely I plan to work my way through her suggestions for brand development, not all of these are relevant at the moment or even feasible. However, I might as well start something now if I expect to see any amount of growth.

As part of this process I will also set up a mailing list, so that anyone who wants to stay in the loop can do so and this way I can see who is really interested in knowing more about what I do.

Another major task will be to go through my older patterns and ensure the layout is consistent and, if possible, take new pictures.

There will still be recipes (of course there will) and podcast updates, however, if all goes to plan, there will also be posts on creativity, making and all round craftiness. I aim to post regularly and not let this blog become a ghost site that's here just for the sake of having it.

I've been doing this for sometime now, and I'm ready to start seeing some real progress. For those of you who have been with me for all these years, I thank you for your continued support. I hope you will all join me on this journey into making Mrs U Makes into something more than just a pastime.

Blessings
Diane

Comments