Diamanté Shrug


I have finished the Diamanté Shrug, do you like it. The name was inspired by the diamonds running across the cowl , I would have loved to have had diamond shaped buttons on the back but I think the ones I finally choose do a great job of complementing it.



 

The final shape has turned out extremely well, I love the way the back hangs. The shape of the cowl front looks completely different when worn by an actual person, as great a model Valerie is, nothing beats a clothes horse that has blood running through it.

The pattern has been written up and I'm now waiting for the go ahead to start the testing. It shouldn't take long as it's quite quick to work up, so I'm hoping to publish the pattern at the beginning of September.


Yesterday the sample yarn for my next project arrived, I'm planning on doing something with an ombre look in the style of an infinity scarf. This may have a little shaping to it, though I will try avoid it as much as possible. I have an idea of the stitch pattern I want to use for part of the garment but not for the main body. I want something that will provide a nice flowing drape and will provide an opportunity to be creative with colours.


In terms of colours I'm going for pastel shades as oppose to my usual darker ones. The yarn I'm testing is Sublime Extra Fine Merino. It's so soft and light and should be perfect for what I want to achieve. Once this pattern is made up I'll have one more pattern left to complete the 'All In One Crochet' line.

Comments

  1. Love this! Can hardly wait for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, I can't wait either. I'll let you know when it's released.

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of your skills! This is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Becky, it's one of my favourite pieces so far.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.