A Cast On, A WIP and Some Sewing

Mrs U Makes...A Cast On, A WIP and Some Sewing (Rosa Scarf)

I've been a busy bee this weekend, I've worked on the Infinity Scarf, started another project and made a bag.



Mrs U Makes...A Cast On, A WIP and Some Sewing (Infinity Vest)

The Infinity Vest is coming along very nicely, the pattern works and the colour changes are exactly the way I wanted. However, if I'm honest it is a little stiffer than I was expecting, but as this is a crochet project, I'm willing to work a few more rows before deciding whether or not I'll rip it back and use a larger hook.

Mrs U Makes...A Cast On, A WIP and Some Sewing (Rosa Scarf)

My new project is the Rosa scarf by Anne Schulz. I'm using my recently purchased Fyberspates Scrumptious to knit it up. This pattern is knit in garter stitch, I can't bear the thought of knitting something completely in garter stitch so I've added my own design element to it. You might just be able to make out three sections of stocking stitch, these will run across the length of the scarf. This added feature will prevent me from getting bored with this project and is also simple enough to do whilst watching TV or standing at a bus stop.

Mrs U Makes...A Cast On, A WIP and Some Sewing (Project Bag)

Finally, I present my first handmade (reversible) project bag. I made it using this tutorial by Bloomingknitter. It's very simple and you can make it any size you want. This new make has given me a project bag bug, I'm itching to get my hands on more. There are a fair few project bag makers on Etsy, so I'll gradually build up my collection plus make my own whenever I have the time.


Comments