Sweet and Savoury Palmiers

Mrs U Makes... Sweet and Savoury Palmiers @MrsUMakes #mymrsumakes

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in a previous post, but my oven is out of action. The door came off and we're still waiting for it to be repaired. Thankfully I have a counter top oven, which works just as well as a regular oven, however, it's a lot smaller so my options for oven based meals are restricted.


There are so many things I want to make, but can't, so I'm pleased to be able to post this recipe today. It's one of those make it your own recipes and I've made three examples, Chocolate, Marmalade and Pesto & Cheese. All three are ridiculously simple, so go crazy with your fillings.

Mrs U Makes... Sweet and Savoury Palmiers @MrsUMakes #mymrsumakes

Here's what you'll need:

Ready rolled puff pastry
Chocolate spread
Preserve (I used marmalade)
Pesto
Grated cheese

Here's what you'll need to do: (go to the bottom of the post for the tutorial video)

1. Spread you filling of choice over the puff pastry

2. Roll one end of the pastry to the centre, and then the other. For medium sized palmiers, roll from the long side. For larger palmiers, roll from the shorter side, and for smaller palmiers, cut the pastry sheet in half and roll from the longer side.

3. Wrap the pastry in baking paper or cling film and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

4. When you are ready to bake them, cut them into small slices and arrange on a greased or lined baking tray (I prefer a greased one).

5. Bake in the oven for approx. 18-20 minutes at 200*C/180*C fan/ 356*F, until golden.

Eat and Enjoy



Comments