Mrs U Bakes...Well She's Trying

As I stated in a previous post, I've been doing a lot of baking as my pinky finger is not as it should be. I've been working on some new recipes. Here's what I've come up with so far.

A plate of shortbread biscuits with chocolate in the centre
Shortbread and Chocolate Bites

These are shortbread and chocolate sandwich bites (or something like that). The biscuit part of this is perfect, in terms of size, look, and of course taste. The only thing I need to change is the filling, here I used an icing based filling, which I found to be too sweet. After a bit of research I've stumbled upon an alternative which I'm going to try and do during the week.


A plate of rolled wafers
Rolled Wafers

This is my attempt at rolled wafers. The actual mix is easy to do, the difficulty comes when putting the batter on the baking sheet, too little and it burns easily, too much and the texture feels stale. I've worked out the size that I want and with a little inspiration from Master Chef Australia I know how to execute it.
The next pressure point is actually rolling the wafers, they are soooo hot. I have to ignore the pain just to get them to roll exactly the way I want, so I'm on the look out for some gloves I can use to do this.
Once these are perfect I'll work on toppings and maybe fillings.


Silicone mould with doughnut batter

These are my most recent creation. I love cinnamon dough balls and wanted to make something similar. I've adapted this doughnut batter recipe and used cake pop moulds to bake it in. I initially wanted them to be round but they weren't consistent in shape and colour. So instead I'm just using one half of the moulds. 


Baked doughnut balls

This batch was still a little doughy inside, even though I had used less batter in each mold. Next time I'll lower the temperature of the oven, hopefully the inside will have more time to cook before the outside does.

A plate of doughnut balls
Doughnut Balls

Recipes will be available once I get them all perfected.



Comments