Madison Is Finished

On Saturday, after five months of knitting, a fractured and jammed finger, slipped stitches, and knitting fatigue, I finished the Madison poncho. I have to say that it was worth it, I felt proud wearing it to church on Sunday.

As I neared the finishing line, I was a little worried that I wasn't going to have enough yarn, but the small ball of remaining yarn sitting on my dressers tells me that I was worrying for nothing. I also worried that the cuffs would be tight around my arm, but they were a perfect fit. They're a great feature, and really set the poncho apart from others I've seen. They almost cover my whole hand,  and do the job of a good pair of gloves (black leather gloves will go perfectly with this).

For my first big project I am very veery pleased with the finished piece,  there was only one big mistake, which isn't visible unless you look very closely. The only thing I would change, if I could, would be the positioning of some of the decreases, but again it doesn't detract from the beauty of the finished piece.

If I had the time (and money to spend on the yarn) I wouldn't mind making another one.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous, Just Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, you have a lovely blog, I love this poncho you've made, it must have taken a long time to finish it. The cable detail is gorgeous, thanks for visiting my blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over Linda, the poncho took five months to complete. I hoped to finish it sooner but with three boys running around I was happy to finish it full stop.

      Delete
  3. I have started this poncho but am having an issue with the pattern. Where are rows 2, and 3 instructions? I know that sounds crazy but I have reread it several times and am stuck right at the beginning. Can you please help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that for the main body? Send me your email address and I can forward the instructions to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.