Saturday, 17 August 2013

Gilet Update


A few days ago the correct shade of yarn for the Gilet arrived. I got to work straight away, and completed the side panels. It took two attempts, the first time round I had too few stitches so it looked very puckered as you can see below.



Before
                                        
 
I ripped out all the stitches and worked out a sequence of stitches that would even things out, as pictured below.

After
                                        
 
I have now completed the bottom edge and have started the collar. I won't know whether the stitch I'm using for the collar will give me the drape I'm looking for until I've worked a few rows. Hopefully everything will go well as I'm eager to get this pattern out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.