I had to look at my notes to remind me what I had planned to do, I started working a single crochet panel on the side that would be joined to the back. After a few rows I decided that this wasn't working so I began trying various stitches. After a few attempts I settled on one and joined the side panel to the back.
The fit was really good and the stitch pattern worked well with the rest if the garment.
Before starting on the other side panel I hunted down the extra balls of yarn I had purchased a couple of months ago. I opened the bag and somehow the yarn didn't look right, but I shrugged it off and settled to get back to work. If all went well I would have been able to finish the other panel that day leaving just the collar which I could finish over the weekend. The plan was to then spend this week writing up the pattern ready for sale.
Sitting on the sofa, garment on my lap and yarn and hook in hand, I sighed proudly. A second later I realised why the yarn had looked funny, it was a darker shade to the one I had started with. It was also a lot finer.
I ran back to check the order sheet, I had purchased Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino instead of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I was so mad at myself for not opening the package when it had arrived, and now it was too late to exchange it.
So I've got to wait until the end of the week before I can order the correct yarn. Whilst I'm waiting I'll write up as much of the pattern as I can. I'm still not sure whether I'm going to do it in multiple sizes or just one (size 10). This is the first garment I've written a pattern for so I'm not confident in my sizing just yet.
I'll also have to decide what to do with the Baby Cashmerino yarn.