Ruana Progress


So I've finished the swatch for the main motif of the Ruana. It's worked in Patons Colour Works Aran (shade: Terracotta), which is fabulous.

I started working from the cabled motif I was using with the Sirdar Click, but frogged it and went with my original idea of a knit/purl motif.

I'll still work cables along the outer edge, they may be diamond shaped or twisted cables, I haven't decided yet.

A skein of yarn in teraccotta

A knitted swatch motif
Ruana swatch from the back 


Above is a picture of the swatch from the back, below is the front.

Knitted swatch
Ruana swatch from the front

All this knitting has left my finger very, very stiff so I'm taking a break from knitting until Monday. In it's place I have been baking, I made Nutty Oat biscuits yesterday and may make my Nutty Biscotti and Shortbread biscuits throughout the week.




Comments